Oculus Rift Wireless XBox Adapter Not Working? How to Fix It
Oculus Rift is cutting edge new technology, and those brave enough to purchase first generation technology are inevitably going to run into issues. One such issue with Oculus hardware is with the wireless XBox receiver. The sensor appears broken when you attempt to sync with the controller with no light shown on the receiver. If this sounds like you, then try the steps below to resolve it hopefully.
Related: Some Nvidia Cards May Have Problems with HDMI and Oculus Rift
Update XBox Receiver Driver Method 1
Leave the XBox controller plugged into a USB port, then reboot your computer. Windows should pick up the device and install the driver automatically.
Update XBox Receiver Driver Method 2
The Windows driver should already be on your computer; you just need to force it to install.
- Bring up Device Manger (Right click start and click device manager)
- Expand Network Adapters
- Right click Xbox Wireless Adapters for Windows and Click "Update Driver Software..."
- Click "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer", then click Next
- Ensure Show compatible hardware is checked, then click Next
Update XBox Receiver Driver Method 3
- Download and extract the driver and expand the .CAB file to a folder.
- Repeat steps 1 thru 4 from method two above
- Click the browse button and point to where you extracted the files in step 1 above.
- Click next