How to run Oculus Rift Software on HTC Vive
Oculus has some of the best VR games right now. But what if you have the HTC Vive?
You're in luck because Reddit user CrossVR has released a "modification" to the Oculus software on GitHub to allow a limited set of software to run on the Vive.
So far CrossVR has added support for the Oculus Dream Deck and Lucky's Tale.
How to run Lucky's Tale on HTC Vive
- Download the Lucky's Tale patch here.
- Install Lucky's Tale from Oculus Home, then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\playful-luckys-tale
- Extract the patch in that folder; it will overwrite LT_Data\Plugins\OVRPlugin.dll so make sure you have a backup.
- Make sure SteamVR is running and then start LT.exe.
- Download the Revive Injector here.
- Install Oculus Dream Deck from Oculus Home, then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\oculus-dreamdeck\WindowsNoEditor\Dreamdeck\Binaries\Win64
- Extract the injector in that folder.
- Make sure SteamVR is running and then drag Dreamdeck-Win64-Shipping.exe into ReviveInjector.exe.